Tuesday 2 December 2014

New Pitta

Just back from my month long birding trip round South Australia and Queensland. Recorded something in the vicinity of 435 birds, and saw an incredible range of other animals such as Duck-billed Platypus, Koala, Echidna, Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat, lots of Kangaroos and Wallabies and a range of cool lizards, snakes and frogs. I'll be writing up my report as I get time over the next few weeks and months and adding some photos here and there from what was a highly enjoyable trip.

For now, Pitta Number 11: Noisy Pitta. I had this bird in Lamington National Park near dawn. It's call which sounds like "walk-to-work" was easy to pick up and by following the call I was soon able to enjoy views of this rather large pitta. This bird was one of 4/5 birds calling from a small area of forest. I also recorded this species at several other locations throughout Queensland.

Noisy Pitta

No comments:

Post a Comment